As part of a new series supporting SMEs on their journey to net zero, and the potential benefits they can gain from taking action, Green Economy Wales spoke to members of the SME Taskforce in Wales, to gather their insight.
Jess Phillips, the Senior Manager for the UK Network in Wales at the British Business Bank, delves into how the bank is instrumental in aiding Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) on their journey towards environmental sustainability.
- The British Business Bank mission (0 – 45s),
- Net Zero SME research findings (46s -1:44m),
- The benefits of ‘going green’ (1:44 – 2:21m ),
- The barriers to Net Zero action (2:21 – 3:04m),
- Green initiative support (3:04 – 5:20m),
- Funding Net Zero activity (5:20 – 6:19m),
- The principles of green finance (6:19 – 6:52m), and
- Wider finance options available to businesses and BBB programmes (6:52 – 8m).
For more information on finance options available, visit their finance hub.
About British Business Bank
We are a Government owned business development bank dedicated to making finance markets work better for smaller businesses.
Whether you are looking for finance to start a business, grow to the next level or stay ahead of the competition, we’re delivering greater volume and choice of finance.
Our programmes are designed to bring benefits to smaller businesses that are start-ups, high growth or simply viable but underfunded. We have two commercial subsidiaries, British Business Investments Ltd and British Patient Capital Ltd, which make commercial investments into providers of finance to smaller business in the UK.