UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £4.5 million for feasibility projects. This funding is from the Industry-led R&D Partnerships Fund, a part of the Farming Innovation Programme.
The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra), will invest up to £4.5 million in innovation projects.
This funding is part of Defra’s Farming Innovation Programme which is delivered in partnership with Innovate UK’s Transforming Food Production (TFP) Challenge.
The aim of this funding competition is to fund feasibility studies investigating new solutions that will address major on-farm or immediate post farmgate challenges or opportunities.
This will include projects that:
- investigate early-stage solutions that have the potential to substantially improve the overall productivity, sustainability and resilience of farming, and move existing agricultural sectors to net zero
- prioritise solutions that will have positive outputs for farmers, growers and foresters in commercially relevant situations
- accelerate research and development of new agricultural solutions by actively engaging collaboration with the wider UK research community in the innovation process
Your solutions must significantly improve:
- sustainability and environmental impact
- progression towards net zero emissions
Your project must be able to demonstrate how the project will benefit farmers, growers or foresters in England.
This competition closes on 15th November 2023 11:00am
For full details, more information on eligibility and how to apply visit the competition page here: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/1674/overview/b620a29f-5240-4955-99c3-81ca57bec316#summary