UK registered organisations can apply for a share of up to £5 million as part of a collaboration with a Singapore partner for industrial research projects that develop sustainable technologies helping reduce emissions and achieve a net-zero future.
Innovate UK part of UK Research and Innovation, will partner with Enterprise Singapore (“EnterpriseSG”) to invest up to £5 million in innovation projects.
The aim of this competition is to fund business led, collaborative research and development (CR&D) net zero and sustainability projects focused on industrial research, for innovative proposals developed between the UK and Singapore.
UK registered businesses must collaborate with at least one Singapore registered business applying under the equivalent Singapore programme.
Your project must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses and documents, market potential and needs
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- a clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- considerable potential to significantly benefit the UK economy or national productivity
- the benefits of participants from the countries working together and how this adds value
- a clear definition of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants and countries
- a clear route to market within 2 to 3 years of project completion
Your project must directly address Sustainability and Net Zero challenges. This can include but is not limited to the following key technological areas:
- Clean Energy and Renewables
- Green Buildings
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Urban Mobility
- Water & Environment
- Waste Management
UK registered organisations must apply through the Innovation Funding Service (IFS) portal to Innovate UK.
Your Singapore partner will not receive any funding from Innovate UK. Singapore partners must apply to and will be funded by EnterpriseSG for the Singapore component of the project set out in this application.
This competition closes on Wednesday 6 December 2023 11:00am UK time.
The project must be independently selected by both Innovate UK and EnterpriseSG to be awarded funding.
For full details, more information on eligibility and how to apply visit the competition page here: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/1675/overview/f891890f-8f16-4e59-bd91-846522347f25#how-to-apply